• Denomination: Panagia of Avgasidos Monastery

  • District: Famagusta

  • Town/Village: Milia

  • Category: Church

  • Religion: Christian

  • A.Monument: Yes

  • Ref#: 8

Description (Typology, Period, Actual Use)

This Church was the oldest part of the Panagia Avgasidos monastery. It had two aisles.  On the south aisle was a dome with frescos from the 15th century. The iconostasis of the temple was gold painted in 1781.  It is completely destroyed.

General Conditions

Structure: Ruin

Facade: Ruin

Roof: Ruin

Interior: Ruin

Decoration: Ruin

Mass: Unknown (Not Visible)

Humidity: Unknown (Not Visible)


Building Materials

Technical Details/Materials Used

Walls: Unknown (Not Visible)

Roof: Unknown (Not Visible)

Floors: Unknown (Not Visible)

Doors: Unknown (Not Visible)

Windows: Unknown (Not Visible)


Icons: Not Available

Hagiography: Not Available

Michrap: Not Available

Small Signs: Not Available

Architect Plans

Architect Plans: No

Cadastral Elements: Small scale map

Proposed Protection Measures